Welcome to the EAPO website
Who are we and what are our objectives?
The European Association of Fish Producers Organisations (EAPO) represents 38 POs from 10 EU Member States, with approximately 10,000 vessels, 3.5 million tonnes of landings and € 3 billion first sale value. EAPO was founded in 1980. Every Fish PO recognized by its EU member state can apply for membership of the association.
EAPO’s objectives are the following:
- To assist the members in fulfilling their key role as a PO to achieve the objectives of the Common Fishery Policy and the Common Market Organisation for Fishery and Aquaculture Products.
- To provide advice to the members on the management of their Production and Marketing Plans.
- To improve the relationship between European POs by looking for common grounds in addressing the challenges for the European fisheries, particularly in respect of marketing and other specific tasks of the POs.
- To address the above with relevant authorities in the Member States, Fisheries Ministers Council, European Parliament and European Commission and to be recognized by these authorities as a European representative body for the fisheries sector.
- To influence the rules and regulations affecting fisheries targeting a sustainable production through socio-economic viability with respect for the environment.
Forthcoming EAPO activities
|EAPO Markets WG||
28 May 2020
17 June 2020
24 September 2020
25 September 2020